Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

What have I been up to?

Wow! It has been quite a while since I last posted. Worst blogger ever is what you are probably thinking. Well, I was on a mission trip to Romania for two weeks in July - awesome. And I've got a few things in the works on the craftin/sewing front.

Today, I am going to share with you a dress I made that was basically free. It's made from Cynthia Rowley for Simplicity 2215.

 ...and my "go-to" pose:

 Detail shot of the irregular pleating at the waistline - I LOVE the pleating. :)
Me with my 8 year old cousin who was visiting from out of state. We sewed the whole time she was here! Barbie clothes; teddy bears; you name it, we made it. :)

We already had the fabric (my mom bought it years ago to make a dress for me and never did) and the buttons were in our stash still on the card. The only thing I had to buy was an invisible zipper. Score! Cheapest sewing project ever! :) I love how it came out. Next time I make it (cause I'm already planning part deaux) there are some fit issues around the waist that I need to fix before I finish the dress instead of having to take it apart and fix the fit issues after it's completed. Haha, live and learn.

Coming up: I have taken up a new craft and I am super excited. It is way addicting (although my fingers are killing me). More on that in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment