Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thrifty Finds

So, inspired by Casey at Elegant Musings, I have been trying to get into this thrift store across the street from my place of business but it is always closed when I am off and I don't live in the same city I work so I can't go over there on the weekend - especially with gas prices these days. But yesterday I didn't have to be in till the afternoon so I left a little early and I am so happy with what I got in about 10 minutes. I need to go back cause there's a lot more to look at.

Here's what I got for $2.33:
I'm going to use the belt buckle for a belt I'm going to make for a future project. They had tons of fabric and it was all half off so I got this beautiful seafoam green silky georgette type fabric (not really sure what it is) - I'm gonna make a 1940s blouse with it I think. Now I just have to find the right pattern. :) Then I went through all the patterns they had (not that many) and found this great early 1960s skirt, blouse, and vest pattern. It's too small but for 50 cents, I'm gonna try my hand at grading a pattern (using this tutorial) - a useful skill when working with vintage patterns. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment