Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

1940s Hair

So I bought this book - Vintage Hairstyling by Lauren Rennells - a couple years ago at the San Francisco Vintage Fashion Expo and I have attempted only one hairstyle that was a complete failure - pincurls.

Anyways, I decided to try something new this morning. This is what I was going for:
Now, I have short hair so it wouldn't reach to the other side of my head for that large curl in the front so I just put it at the top of my head. I used hot rollers on the whole front section of hair and then a curling iron for the back. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I need mor practice on the rolls to get the side to be a better shape, but overall, I think it came out pretty well.


eek! You can see the bobby pins.
 And the back...

Not bad. And working with my short hair was not as big a challenge as I thought it would be with this style. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I came to your post reading Sewhaolic's blog.
    You did a great job with your hair, I have wanted to buy a book like that but it is a little expensive for me, I am mexican living in mexico of course! and I have to pay almos 12 more times (our courrency cost 12 pesos by 1 usd)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! At least we have the internet! :) There are so many great tutorials on youtube and blogs.

    ReplyDelete